Duties and Tasks:
- Day to day responsibility for conducting and supervising the flow of certified materials, and parts inspections for a small manufacturing operation.
- Ensures that quality checks are accurately performed and parts meet QC standards before release.
- Ensuring traceability of materials used in production parts through use of proper job routing and material handling.
- Storage and management of certification documents provided with raw material and finished purchase parts along with storage of certifications for tools and operators.
- Creation of client certification documents based on the received certifications and internal processing.
- Oversight of apprentices during training rotation in QC operations.
Minimum Skills and Qualifications:
- Demonstrated ability to consistently and accurately follow quality processes and recommend changes
- Experienced with reading technical documents and drawings in the DIN/ DIN ISO system
- Experienced with metric measurements and drawing call outs
- Experienced with manual and automated metrology tools (examples: calipers, micrometers, surface finish measurement equipment, CMM)
- Experienced with certification documentation for tools and equipment and maintaining those in an organized and current state for audit purposes
- Experienced with precision machining of plastic and metal parts
- Experienced with CAD/ CAM systems for QC needs
- Experienced with maintaining adequate supplies and inventory of consumables for QC area
- Familiar with typical office computer programs (MS Office, Outlook)
- 3 years relevant experience
Preferred Skills and Qualifications:
• Experienced with parts marking systems. Engraving, acid etching and laser marking
• German language skills, verbal or written, a plus
• Experienced with recommending QC tooling purchases as dictated by the business needs
• 2-year technical degree
• Experienced with maintaining training certifications for manufacturing staff and ensuring training and certifications are current
No Phone Calls Please